stuff i do every day to feel good:
1. I compliment other femmes, especially femmes who live with systemic oppression, on their presentation. I tell them they look good and I love their eyebrows/hair/dress/whatever. I ask permission first.
2. I try to slow down and be really present
3. Sometimes I just have to get through it, but I try and have a sense of how long it takes to actually do things, and to leave myself wiggle room to be late, have shit not go according to plan, and to breathe.
4. I drink agua de chia, nettle/redraspberry/red clover tea, and cedar tea
5. I cook good food for myself, at home.
6. I stretch
7. I have a really intense gratitude practice that helps me take care of and hold my anxiety.
8. I tend my altar and pray for folks and myself.
9. I keep our kitchen and my bedroom clean and tidy.
10. I hug people.
11. I pay attention to who I want to hang out with, who I want to gift my attention to.
12. I hang out with a minimum 50% femmes of color
13. I don't work with folks I don't work well with.
14. I don't hang out with folks whose ableism, classism, racism or femmephobia make me feel shitty. And I don't feel guilty about this.
15. I tell myself, "Ok, you're not alowed to be on Facebook."
16. I have faith
17. I practice forgiving myself when shit doesn't work out according to plan or perfect.
18. I listen to good music.
19. I go outside and get on the land.
20. I am reprogramming my crisis/ must respond immediately to every email/phone message call like it's an emergency.
21. I say no to shit.
all work is shared under a Creative Commons license- credit if you share, no commercial use allowed.
This work by Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.